Sunday, 15 September 2013

Costume, Props and Make-up


To help with my costume and props planning I have used Google images to find out what characters from my genre of film look like. From these images you can see that characters cloths are focused mainly on survival. However I Am Legend shows light weight strong cloths for combat and The Road shows warm waterproof cloths for travel and harsh conditions. Both outfits however are maid up of dark colours fitting with the genre of the film.






















I have then used a website which I have found called Hero Machine 2.5 to design costume and props for the main character within my film that show elements of costume similar to the ones in these pictures.

 
 
 
This costume was easy to make as I already had a navey blue hoodie and back pack I then bought a bandan  similer to the one in this design as you can see on the start of this poster.
 
 
 
I also gave my character a signature weapon so I bought a baseball bat from Sports Direct.
 
 
 
 
 
   I also decided to add a character who is seen  in a hood and a mask to add a little extra mystery and storyline. This costume was again easy to make as I already owned a hoodie and mask at my disposal.
 
 
 
 



As it was Halloween I was able to use some of the Halloween props from asda. I baught some cream based face paint because is dreied thicker to make the zombies face look more realistic. I then tried this out on my friend Connor and took test shots.






I then made basic costumes for the zombies by tearing up old t-shirts and adding fake blood around the tears for effect.

 


I was also able to buy a prop dead arm from asda and made it look more realistic by adding fake blood.




I used an old bed sheet and baught red spray paint from Boys and made a stencil out of card to create the biologicl hazard logo.




Further props which I have used include a set of binoculars and a sledge hammer both of which I borrowed from my Dad .

 







 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment